Performing Arts Scholarships
- Performing Arts Scholarships are awarded to students who have achieved a high level in Music, Dance or Speech and Drama.
- Student selection is based on a portfolio submission and, if shortlisted, an audition.
- Current students at St Andrews need to have achieved at least a Silver Cultural Award the previous year to be eligible for application.
The criteria for a Silver Cultural Award is to:
- Successfully achieve Grade 5 or above in Music, Dance, Speech and Drama Exams together with involvement in cultural groups / activities throughout the year.
- Be the recipient of a Major Award at Regional level (Gold Coast Drama Festival, Eisteddfod Championships)
For students not currently attending St Andrews they must be at a similar standard to the above criteria and be evidenced in their portfolio submission.
Please read the following important information prior to applying for a Performing Arts Scholarship:
- Both the Cover Sheet and Portfolio must be received prior to the closing date for the application to be valid.
- The closing date for applications is Friday, 10 February 2023 at 4:00pm (Australia Eastern Standard Time).
- There is no cost associated with a Performing Arts Scholarship Application.
- Late portfolio submissions will not be accepted.
- Short-listed applicants will be notified of the date, time and requirements via email. Non attendance at the audition will result in the application being voided.
Click here to download the cover sheet that must be submitted with your portfolio.
- Portfolios, which must have a cover sheet attached, can be emailed to email@example.com or delivered to Main Reception.
- Portfolios must be delivered prior to the closing date and time. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Scholarship conditions will be outlined in the letter of offer for successful students.
These conditions may include the following:
- Maintain a high academic level (GPA)
- Remaining in good standing with the College in relation to:
- Effort (EPA)
- Compliance with other College expectations
- Elect to study subjects that are in line with the scholarship offer
- Participate fully in the co-curricular activities of the College in so far as their abilities allow, contributing to the College Arts program.
- Maintain a Silver Cultural Award annually
- Show support to the leadership role that is implicit for all scholarship holders. This includes being a positive role model for younger students, displaying leadership by encouraging and supporting other students and fostering team and College spirit.
The College will reserve the right to terminate the scholarship in the event of gross or continued breaches of expectations, unwarranted decline in academic achievement or application, or persistent failure to support the College in its co-curricular program.