- Scholarships are available for sports that are a part of the St Andrews sporting program. The following is a list of sports in which applications are being accepted:
- Cross Country
- Mountain Biking
- Rugby 7's
- Touch Football
- Students must be performing at a high level and participate regularly in school or club representative sport.
- Applicants should be capable of achieving at a regional or state level.
- Information about specific achievements in competition/representation should be submitted via the cover sheet and portfolio. This information must include details of representation in school and/or club sport programs and be evidenced in the portfolio.
- Student selection is based on a portfolio submission and, if shortlisted, subsequent interview.
Please read the following important information prior to applying for a Sport Scholarship:
- Please ensure you have checked the list of sports for which applications are being accepted.
- Both the Cover Sheet and Portfolio must be received prior to the closing date for the application to be valid.
The closing date for applications is Friday, 10 February 2023 at 4:00pm (Australia Eastern Standard Time).
- There is no cost associated with a Sport Scholarship Application.
- Late portfolio submissions will not be accepted.
- Short-listed applicants who are invited for interview, will be notified of the date and time via email. Non attendance at the interview will result in the application being voided.
Click here to download the cover sheet that must be submitted with your portfolio.
- Portfolios, which must have a cover sheet attached, can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered to Main Reception.
- Portfolios must be delivered prior to the closing date and time. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Scholarship conditions will be outlined in the letter of offer for successful students.
These conditions may include the following:
- Maintain a high effort level (EPA)
- Remaining in good standing with the College in relation to:
- Compliance with other College expectations
- Must participate in nominated school-based sporting activities, such as training sessions, competitions and other activities and events as notified.
- Agree, within parameters determined by the Principal/ and/or Head of Sport, to participate in College activities before outside engagements.
- Show support to the leadership role that is implicit for all scholarship holders. This includes being a positive role model for younger students, displaying leadership by encouraging and supporting other students and fostering team and College spirit.
The College will reserve the right to terminate the scholarship in the event of gross or continued breaches of expectations, unwarranted decline in academic achievement or application, or persistent failure to support the College in its co-curricular program.